Our largest drayage operation is in Port Newark where our dray fleet is two to three times the size of average competitors. We run 24/7 and process more than 20,000 containers a year.
Why VPV for East Coast Drayage Services?
- Capacity. VPV is asset based, with 300+ company owned chassis and our own 100+ fleet of tractors
- Experience. CEO/Owner, Jose P. Bossi, of VPV, has more than 35 years of experience at the port, relaying all his knowledge to his team. We understand port operations and how to get things done when others can’t in the most efficient way possible.
- Servicing Ports. East Coast drayage terminals in Newark, Philadelphia, and Norfolk
- 24/7 Operations. Your supply chain doesn’t sleep, so neither do we. We can provide same day pickup and delivery from port to destination.
- Close to the port. In Newark, our terminal is only a few miles from the ports. That means reduced drayage services costs and faster times to market.
- High-volume capability. We move, on average, over 2,000 containers a week. In Port Newark, about 100 SalSon drivers are in the port daily.
- Chassis. Company owned chassis and in house maintenance shop guarantee high quality equipment as well as availability to deliver your freight in the safest and best way.
- Genset. 50 company owned gensets offers relief that a working genset will keep your cargo at the right temperature at all times. No stop off charges to pickup equipment at a depot, no additional costs to SSL for their equipment rental, most importantly high quality equipment being used to deliver your valuable freight.
- Container storage. Both Newark and Philadelphia yards can store more than 100 containers at once. Reefer monitoring, genset refueling, and 24/7 security are available at both yards.
types of drayage services
- Reefer Transportation and Monitoring
- Liquor Permit
- Hazmat Registered
- Tank Endorsed
- Open Top / OOG
- Tri-axle & Flatbed Chassis Available
- Real-time Container Tracking
- 24-hour Secure Yard
- US Customs Bonded
Now transporting into Canada
Cross Border to Canada. Our team of cross border specialists will make the process of transporting your cargo in or out of Canada efficient and stress free.
Got shipping questions? Need a quote? Drop us a line using the form below and we’ll get back to you soon!